Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pyrex Baking Dishes = Happiness


So many friends of mine are doing a little gratitude thing for the month of November on Facebook. They’re listing things each day (and people!) for which/whom they’re thankful. Rather than a gratitude list, per se, I was thinking about things that make me happy. I say that because I had just read someone’s listing for the day, and had just finished washing dishes, and thought about the following:

You know how Pyrex dishes can get “stained” with something weird? It’s not like they’re dirty, and there are no “chunks” (Ewww!) yet they’ve got some kind of dark mark in an otherwise unseen blemish in the glass. O.k., so you are either with me on this or not. Regardless, I was thinking about how I just love washing my Pyrex even though it has a couple “stains” that just won’t come off, even in the dishwasher. I think about all of the good things that get baked in those dishes, and it reminds of me happy, wonderful memories of family meals. It makes me think about my son teaching himself to bake, about my daughter making brownies for friends and about reheating leftovers from even meals we’ve eaten out as a family. Stained Pyrex means we’ve spent years using the same “old” pan, nourishing our spirits along with our bodies as we sit and process the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment