Friday, April 22, 2011

Quarterly Goals Check In

So, we're just a little past the actual quarter. However, better late than never!

A lot has happened in my life that will alter some of my goals for the remainder of the year, so I'll address each thing as I get to it.

The instructional design courses may be on hold for several reasons. There are no "excuses" I'd offer for this. Rather, I'd just say that things are taking different directions and funds are needed for other important family things, thus grad school remains "on hold."

With regard to weight loss and exercise, I'm still in fits and starts. I'm eating much better than ever, so that in itself is a major accomplishment. I've kept off weight I've lost and have lost some since January.

I've done nothing with web design, other than struggle to learn to use a few new software programs and that has taken time from learning html. I have my book, though, so any time I'm ready, I can dig in!

I have been pretty good about not volunteering and making time to create ATCs and participate in artistic pursuits. Those two goals are going quite well!

no comprende espanol. ugh. I'd love to be bilingual. It's hard without someone to speak with around. We'll see if I keep these after the half-way point of the year.

I've been reading in feminist theory and that is going swimmingly well, too. I'm taking notes, making connections to prior learning and generally enjoying what I read. That latest "anti-feminist" book that came out this year has prodded people back into action a bit, so that is exciting news for the field itself.

The peaks are pursuits for later in the year. Especially with the weather we've had this winter, tall peaks are going to be wet and running high with water long into the summer. We'll watch the weather and get on the trails as soon as we can! Chris and Henry and I are itching to be out there, so no waning on these goals! Chris wants to do Washington this year, too.

My house is relatively clean and organized. I'm spending lots of time with my kids and Chris and I have even stolen a few hours away alone here and there.

Bottom line:
WORKING             NOT WORKING
lose weight               graduate certificate coursework
ATCs and art           Spanish
no volunteer time     web design - so far!
4000 peaks
feminist reading
clean, organized
happy home and family

Not too bad for the first quarter! Let's see what I can turn around in the next three months.

What goals did you set? Can you remember them? What is working and what isn't? It's O.K. to take some things OFF the list or to substitute. How will you spend the remainder of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment